Monday, September 17, 2012

helpful

Although gymnastics is completely its own sport it has helped me out in pretty much everything I do (physically). Such as cheer, dance, and I suppose my personality as well. How? well you see right now I'm in cheerleading and I'm one of the flyers (the girls who get tossed in the air) and in order to do that you have to be very balanced and tight in the air. The balance beam helped me with that because when your on the beam you have to keep yourself really balanced and its not as easy as it looks, I mean it is only 16 feet long and 4 inches wide so ya, its pretty tough. especially if your doing cartwheels, backwalkovers, jumps, twists, flips and turns on and off of it.

3 comments:

  1. I would think that gymnastics would help with cheer! Don't you do a lot of gymnastics in cheer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gymnastics takes a lot of athleticism. I've always been a tad envious of gymnasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to walk on a balance beam before - you're right, it is hard! I always admire people who have a lot of balance and control.

    ReplyDelete