Monday, October 1, 2012

missing gymnastics

It takes alot out of someone to be truely dedicated to a sport. They have to miss hanging out with friends, work around work and school, can't get in any trouble, put up with the people on your tam, and much much more.
Once your dedicated it could get old, and annoying at times. Put you in a complete terrible mood. Been there done that. Some days you want to quit becuase you can't get a simple move on the bars, or that certain flip on the floor. Or maybe your coach keeps yelling at you for your hair, not pointing your toes, not running fast enough, or your legs are not srait enough doing a back walkover on the beam.
Other days you could everything perfect and feel like you own the sport.
Finally my freshman year or around there I couldn't stand gymnastics anymore. For what reason; I have no clue, i guess it was just that time (to retire so they call it.)
I miss gymnastics so much. I really do. some days I will catch myself doing my old beam routine on a line drawn on the road for example, other times I will find myself doing my old floor routine because i'm bored. I still remember the smell of the gym and the pointless details.
Anywho thats about it, now i'm a lame cheerleader that flys and tumbles.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could tumble, and Tori you'r very good at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have been in gymnasstics. Being able to be felxible and what not would help me in other sports I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you miss it a lot. At least you can do some of the things in cheerleading, also, but I'm sure it's not the same.

    ReplyDelete